Trees are some of the most beautiful and useful things nature has to offer. They make the landscape more appealing, prevent erosion, and can even serve as windbreaks, protecting properties from wind damage. Add to this the fact that trees help to recycle the air that we breathe, taking out harmful Carbon Dioxide and producing much-needed Oxygen. They are of immense benefits to the ecosystem.
For these reasons, trees deserve to be well taken care of. One of the routine tree care practices that should be performed regularly is tree pruning.
Why Tree Pruning Is Important
Tree pruning, as a tree care activity, is essential for different reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- It is necessary for plant health and growth. Trees would naturally grow without pruning, but pruning enables them to grow better.
- Pruning helps to remove dead, diseased, and dying branches
- Pruning opens up the tree enabling air and light to enter and reach the entire tree
- Pruning helps landscaping efforts. It spurs the growth of fruits and flowers which ultimately makes the tree more beautiful.
- Trimming and pruning trees makes them safe, the danger of dead branches collapsing suddenly is reduced
Tree Pruning Tips
Tree pruning is a fairly difficult process and should be approached with the right tools and information. Here are some tree pruning tips:
- Try not to remove more than 25% of foliage during a growing season.
- Don’t prune a tree that is less than a year old, except if you are pruning dead or broken branches.
- Make sure that any arborist contracted to prune does so according to the standards of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI A300). This standard relates to the tools used, cutting and pruning techniques.
- It is a good idea to perform an assessment of trees after a storm to see if any need trimming.
Finding The Best Tree Service Experts In Sacramento, CA
Fallen Leaf Tree Management is the answer to your search if you are looking to hire a great tree service company in the Sacramento area of California. They have a trained team with years of experience. They specialize in tree preservation, tree trimming and pruning, plant health care, and tree planting and establishment. All at competitive rates.
To book a FREE consultation, visit their official website